Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Meeting

I have been thinking about my life a lot lately, probably because I’m having a really tough time. One thing that I’ve thought about was the concept of having a change of heart. I have had a “mighty change of heart” in some areas in my life, but other areas, I really struggle. For example, I haven’t committed a sex act with a man, but I am highly tempted to do so.

With these thoughts on my mind, I decided to talk to a gentleman who is a friend and a religious expert. We’ve known each other for a little while, and I have a lot of respect for him. He doesn’t know I’m gay, and I didn’t tell him. I simply said, “I have noticed in my life and in the lives of my friends that if a person has a change of heart in an area, it is much easier for them to live the Gospel in that area. If they don’t have a change of heart, they make a lot more mistakes. What brings about this change of heart, whether it has to do with tithing, Sabbath observance, chastity, word of wisdom, etc.?”

He made some really good points that I hope to take to heart. So, I'm a little more hopeful today. If you would like a more detailed version of our conversation, feel free to drop me an email.

3 Comments:

At 12:27 AM, Blogger Some Like It Hot said...

I would like to know more. But I don't really have a dummy email set up at the moment. Maybe I'll set one up later and ask you, that is if you don't post it on your blog in the mean time.

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger elbow said...

It sounds like you are going through a lot of the same things that I am. I think you are right. There does need to be a change of heart in order to take a step toward happiness or peace on the subject of being gay. I would love to hear more about your conversation. It sounds very interesting. Thanks for sharing, I think blogging is good because it really is therapeutic in a way to communicate what has always been such a taboo. You should feel good about your willingness to explore your situation.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Some Like It Hot said...

Hey Chris, here's my dummy email address, I almost never use it so if you could post a comment on my blog to let me know you've spent me an email that would be good.
randomdud AT gmail DOT com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home