Monday, March 13, 2006

Service

The topic of service has been on my mind quite a bit lately. Here is a quote from Mother Teresa that I really like:

"We must not drift away from the humble works, because these are the works nobody will do. It is never too small. We are so small and we look at things in a small way. But God, being Almighty, sees everything great. Therefore, even if you write a letter for a blind man or you just go and listen, or you take the mail for him, or you visit somebody or bring a flower to somebody - small things - or wash clothes for somebody, or clean the house - very humble work- that is where you and I must be. For there are many people who can do big things. But there are very few people who will do the small things."

Here is one from Heber J. Grant:

“One can never tell what will be the result of faithful service rendered, nor do we know when it will come back to us or to those with whom we are associated. The reward may not come at the time, but in dividends later. I believe we will never lose anything in life by giving service, by making sacrifices, and doing the right thing.”

And finally, here is one by Gordon B. Hinckley:

“Generally speaking, the most miserable people I know are those who are obsessed with themselves; the happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others…. By and large, I have come to see that if we complain about life, it is because we are thinking only of ourselves.”

1 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Blogger -L- said...

This is an awesome post! How are there no comments on it! How have I not found it until today? I need to be more focused in my blog rounds. ;-)

Thanks so much for sharing such nice thoughts. You da man!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home