Thursday, May 25, 2006

Response to Vessey

Here is my email response to Vessey.


Thank you for your email. Let me first say that I can see it in the light you intended. You care. Based on your writings, I am 99% sure you don’t have these types of inclinations.

I would strongly discourage you from promising people that God will remove such a trial in this life if we repent and ask him to remove it from us. God will help us deal with this trial, grow, and come unto Him. However, He never promises us that these inclinations will be removed in this lifetime.

Lots of good Christians are quadriplegics. Some are blind, deaf, or suffer other disabilities. God can certainly remove these trials if He desires, but in most cases, He does not despite prayers, repentance, and faith. The same thing applies to gays. God helps them get through this life in a manner pleasing to Him, but most times He does not free them completely from the trial.

Many gays give up hope in God because they have the idea that God will completely remove this trial if they turn to Him. I can handle your comments, and they won’t shake my faith. However, if you say these comments to other people struggling with homosexuality, you may do much more harm then good. Your comments remind me of the Book of Job. Job’s friends tried to comfort him and stuff, but they twisted scripture and God’s teachings. Job 13:1-10 comes to mind.

I suggest you preach religious truths that are universal and stay away from making temporal promises for God.

Thanks again for your comments. Let me know if you have any questions.


1 Comments:

At 6:25 AM, Blogger elbow said...

Well said.
I'm glad to see you you wrote again.
I always look forward to your input.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home